Effective Date: 1 February, 2020
- The website at https://mathworld.app, the official Math World iOS app, related software, mobile apps, and other services (together referred to as "Math World" or "Services") are owned and operated by Downbound Ltd (hereinafter referred to as “Downbound”, "Company", "we", or "us"). The following is a legal agreement between you ("you" or "User/s") and us in relation to the Services. Your use of the Service, and our provision of the Service to you, constitutes an agreement by you and Math World to be bound by the terms and conditions in these Terms of Service ("Terms").
- We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change or modify portions of these Terms at any time. If we do this, we will post the changes on this page and will indicate at the top of this page the date these Terms were last revised. Any such changes will become effective immediately. Your continued use of the Service after the date any such changes become effective constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms.
Requirements and Registration
Fees and Subscriptions
- Charges may apply for mobile use of the Services through your mobile device. If there is a charge associated with a portion of the Services, you agree to pay that charge by accessing or using it. The price stated for the Service may be denominated in your local currency by iTunes App Store at https://itunes.apple.com. Fees and charges are collected by the App Store on your device. You should consult with the App Store to determine if the price charged includes all applicable taxes and currency exchange settlements. Additionally, you are welcome to contact us at email@example.com with any questions regarding taxes, currency exchange settlements or other billing related issues. You are solely responsible for paying such taxes or other charges. Your access to the Services may be suspended or cancelled if you do not make your payment on-time and/or in full. Suspension or cancellation of the Services for non-payment could result in a loss of access to and use of your account and its content.
- If you would like access our paid Services (e.g. any content beyond the initial loading and welcome screens in the iOS app), you do this with in-app subscriptions from the App Store on your device. You will be advised of the charge for before making payment and being billed. You must make all payments through a charge through the App Store. You agree to pay all fees and charges incurred in connection with your use of the Service (including any applicable taxes) at the rates in effect when the charges were incurred. BETWEEN YOU AND DOWNBOUND, YOU, AND NOT DOWNBOUND, ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYING ANY AMOUNTS FOR THE SERVICE BILLED TO YOUR MOBILE DEVICE, PAYPAL, CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD BY AN APP STORE OR THIRD PARTY WHO HAD ACCESS TO THESE ACCOUNTS, WHETHER OR NOT SUCH AMOUNTS WERE AUTHORIZED BY YOU.
- Downbound does not have the ability to manage any aspect of your subscription on your behalf, including, but not limited to, initiating, canceling or refunding subscriptions. Subscriptions are valid for one month. Payment will be charged to your App Store account at confirmation of purchase. Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least twenty-four (24) hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged the then-applicable subscription price within twenty-four (24) hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the Account Settings screen in the App Store app on your device after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. You should be aware that cancelling your subscription and/or deleting the App(s) may not terminate your user account on the Service. If you cancel your subscription and/or delete the App(s) but do not take steps to deactivate your user account or take other appropriate steps, your profile may not automatically be deleted.
Use of the Service
- In connection with your use of the Service you will not engage in or use any data mining, robots, scraping or similar data gathering or extraction methods. The technology and software underlying the Service or distributed in connection therewith is the property of Math World and our licensors, affiliates and our partners. You agree not to copy, modify, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, reverse assemble or otherwise attempt to discover any source code, sell, assign, sublicense, or otherwise transfer any right in such technology or software. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by us.
- Large scale copying of the website, the iOS app, other Math World content, or any other product, service or information provided by Math World ("Content") is prohibited except as expressly authorized by us. To be clear, this applies to all Content, including Content made available as part of the public domain. The Service is protected by copyright as a collective work and/or compilation, pursuant to copyright laws, international conventions, and other intellectual property laws.
- You are authorized to download and share unlimited copies of your designs for your personal or commercial use, provided that you maintain the copyright and other notices contained in that content.
- By sending us any ideas, suggestions, comments, improvements, documents, proposals or other feedback, including without limitation, concerning the App(s) ("Feedback"), you agree that (i) your Feedback does not contain the confidential or proprietary information of third parties, (ii) we are under no obligation of confidentiality, express or implied, with respect to the Feedback, (iii) we may have something similar to the Feedback already under consideration or in development, and (iv) you grant us an irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, fully sub-licensable and transferable, worldwide license to use, disclose, reproduce, modify, publish, distribute, transfer and otherwise utilize your Feedback in any manner and for any purpose.
Third Party websites
- In the course of your use of the Services, you may be redirected to third party websites. We have no responsibility for the content or information provided by or through third party websites even if they are affiliates of ours.
- Linking to third party websites does not imply our endorsement of that web website. We disclaim any liability for links to another website.
- Math World may provide you with notices by e-mail. You can opt-out of these communications at any time.
- We may terminate or suspend your account immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if you breach the Terms. Upon termination, your right to use the Website will immediately cease.
Indemnification for breach of Terms
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Math World from and against any and all loss, expenses, damages, and costs, including without limitation reasonable attorneys fees, resulting, whether directly or indirectly, from your violation of the Terms. You also agree to indemnify and hold harmless Downbound from and against any and all claims brought by third parties arising out of your use of the Services.
Warranty and liability
- THE WEBSITE AND ITS CONTENT ARE PROVIDED "AS IS". WE OFFER NO WARRANTY, EXPLICIT OR IMPLIED, REGARDING ANY CONTENT, THE WEBSITE, THE ACCURACY OF ANY INFORMATION, OR ANY RIGHTS OR LICENSES UNDER THIS AGREEMENT INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Math World DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE WEBSITE OR ITS CONTENT WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THEIR USE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE.
- DOWNBOUND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY GENERAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, OR LOST PROFITS OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, COSTS OR LOSSES ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES.
- This agreement, and any dispute, controversy, proceedings or claim of whatever nature arising out of or in any way relating to these Terms or its formation shall be governed by and construed in accordance with laws of England and Wales, and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- If any of the provisions of these Terms are held by a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction to be void or unenforceable, such provisions shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary and replaced with a valid provision that best embodies the intent of these Terms so that these Terms shall remain in full force and effect.
- These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and Math World with regard to your use of the website, and any and all other written or oral agreements or understandings previously existing between you and us with respect to such use are hereby superseded and cancelled.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.